We will have a great JUG meeting this month. Mike Evans of Skyway software will be in.
We will me at :
2701 Transcontinental Dr
Metairie, LA 70006
The meeting will start at 7:00 in room 208.
If you plan to attend please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Evans – Bio
Mr. Evans leads Skyway Software’s global teams of enablement and support professionals and is responsible for ensuring customers and partners gain maximum value from using Skyway Visual Perspectives. His teams also focus on educating customers and partners about collaborative software delivery and model-driven application development and deployment. Prior to joining Skyway Software, he spent 10 years at Accenture as one of their top technical architects and worked with a large variety of technical and application architectures to lead implementation teams during the full software delivery lifecycle at numerous client engagements. Evans earned a BS in Computer Science from the University of South Florida.
Title: An Architect’s View of Domain Specific Language (DSL) for Enterprise Applications & Services
Talk description: An architecture walkthrough of an extensible, model based DSL built on top of Eclipse projects – EMF, GMF, WST, and JDT.
· Eclipse is infrastructure which makes the model DSL possible through OSGI and specialized tooling
· DSL Core is the DSL for RIA and WS along with the core persistence and indexing engines
· DSL Services is responsible for management and extensibility of all DSL artifacts
· DSL Editing is responsible for the display and editing management of all model artifacts
· DSL Adaptation is the core of how external models and artifacts are interacted with by the DSL
· DSL 2 Implementation is responsible for the defining of DSL to code mappings and the generation of code artifacts
· Demo of Skyway Software’s DSL to illustrate the implementation of the above architecture
Skyway Cup Developer Contest
Skyway Software needs your help. Rich applications that benefit and delight end users in today’s enterprises, built by developers like you, will be a critical component of the Skyway Software vision. So that you can help Skyway Software realize its vision as quickly as possible, they have created the Skyway Cup, which will provide almost $50,000 in awards -- no strings attached -- for great solutions built using Skyway Builder Community Edition. By creating the Skyway Cup, they want to showcase how members of their Skyway Community are using Skyway Builder to build Rich Internet Applications, as well as demonstrate how their members are using Skyway Builder to serve their specific needs. Read more details here.